A Taste of Travel
A career in the travel industry is something that many of you would have considered, but never followed through. You dream of being able to help families book their dream holidays while learning all about new cultures and cuisines along the way.
The good news is now that is all possible. With the travel and tourism industry in South Africa alone creating 32 186 new jobs in 2015 (Statssa.gov) the industry is on the rise. Now is your opportunity to start your career in the travel industry and here’s why:
- This is your opportunity to gain exposure to the greatest countries and cities in the world. Being a travel consultant, we have no doubt that you have an uncontainable love for travel and learning about new cultures, cuisines and countries. As a travel agent, you don’t just learn about these elements, you can experience them for yourself.
- Adventurous souls need to be surrounded by like-minded people. Submerse yourself in the travel industry and be surrounded by people that are just like you! Hungry for adventure, interested in learning about new places, career driven and love meeting new people. If you can work in a place where you feel like you are surrounded by friends, why look anywhere else?
- You have the ability to be exposed to international markets and businesses, making new connections along the way. Learn how business operates on multinational model and engage with a variety of different places around the world so that you can understand their world.
- Why not make others happy by helping them arrange the holiday of their dreams with the in-depth knowledge that you will have of all corners of the globe? Most of us feel joy in making others happy, so why not do it on a day-to-day basis?
- The travel industry has made a much needed shift in employees. Travel was always seen as a predominantly female dominated industry, however a recent shift has seen a high increase in the number of male employees in the industry, male or female, a passion for travel is all that’s required.
The employees interviewed at Flight Centre Travel Group South Africa agreed with all the above points. Andrew Grunewald, the Business Leader for Flight Centre Travel Group Business School says, “When I joined the company in 2005 I had a dream of what I wanted to be doing when I was 50 - but didn't know how I could get there. Thirteen years later and due to FCTG I have achieved that dream and now my vision is even bigger. FCTG creates opportunities and the environment for those who want to be challenged and excel” which is testament to the fact that the world of travel offers endless opportunities to grow! Team Leader, Mummy Mafonjane says. “The opportunities to grow your career are in plentiful supply, and are not limited to certain identified people, its fair game for all who want and put in the hard work... In simple terms… I just love my FCTG Family, now and always!!”
If a career in travel has always been your dream, we have the dream job for you. Visit www.flightcentrecareers.co.za to view our available vacancies and apply online! Let us help you achieve your dream.