THE AIRFARE EXPERTS
Flight Centre Travel Group is a global company with offices in 11 countries across the globe. For over 20 years we’ve been sending holidaymakers to exotic destinations all over the world. Our customers love us because we provide the best service, affordable prices and unforgettable experiences they’re looking for. And there are plenty of benefits for you too! Also, we’ve been awarded a Gold “standard of excellence” Achiever Seal in the recent Deloitte best company to work for survey! So get ready to take your career to new heights!
OUR TRAVEL EXPERTS
At Flight Centre we make it our business to hire only the very best people for the job. Every single employee has been chosen because they have the right skills, can-do attitude and non-stop ambition to succeed. We want people who are enthusiastic about sales and passionate about travel. People who love people, meeting new clients and working in a team. So if you’re up for the challenge and excited to make your clients’ travel dreams come true, this is just the ticket!
FLIGHT CENTRE TRAVEL EXPERT
As a Flight Centre Travel Expert, it’s up to you to provide a seamless, one-stop travel experience to your very own client base. From planning itineraries and booking flights to organising accommodation, car hire and everything in between, your client’s holiday dreams are in your hands. The position is sales oriented and involves working towards targets with commissions and incentives to keep you motivated.
To effectively fill the role, there are a few boxes you’ll need to tick:
- Great people skills and the ability to work one-on-one or in a team
- A good academic record (an undergraduate degree is an advantage)
- Strong computer literacy, basic mathematics and good writing skills
- Be able to evaluate facts and make confident decisions
- Efficient work planning and scheduling
- Ability to perform and follow through tasks without direct supervision
- Meet tight deadlines, manage demanding clients and provide excellent customer service under challenging conditions
DAILY FLIGHT PLAN
Aside from an awesome work environment, rewarding projects and plenty of incentives, here are a few things you’ll be expected to do when you step into the office every day.
KEEP YOUR CUSTOMERS HAPPY
- Listen to your clients’ needs and provide detailed and relevant information
- Respond to enquiries in 3 hours and answer phone calls within 3 rings
- Keep client confidentiality
- Resolve client issues quickly and effectively
- Deliver itineraries and travel documents professionally, on time and error free
- Take into account directness of routing, cost and airline preference
WORK AND GROW WITH YOUR TEAM
- Work alone and with others in a small open-area office
- Be willing to accept and give direction from and to others
- Work as a team member in friendly competition with co-workers
- Support, encourage and offer help to colleagues
- Share product knowledge and information on fares and destinations
- Be open to constructive comments from team members, team leaders and clients
GET THINGS DONE
- Report to shop Team Leader
- Manage daily paperwork and administration
- Maintain correct records and accurate details of travel arrangements
- Be willing to work long hours and night shifts for uncapped commission and time off
- Set your own priorities within general guidelines and take control of your own work
- Attend all conferences, team meetings, industry training and seminars
- Take ownership for general tasks and duties in the office e.g. general cleaning, banking etc.
- Stick closely to Flight Centre Travel Group operational standards and live up to our values and philosophy
- Achieve yearly sales figures
- Meet office targets, budgets and monthly KPIs (performance indicators)
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
If joining one of the best companies to work for isn’t enough to inspire you, then take a look at these great extras for our top performers.
Uncapped earning potential: set your own goals, the sky is the limit!
Fantastic travel discounts: get great deals on family holidays and educational travel
Legendary celebrations: top achievers are invited to our amazing Annual Global Conference
Awesome company culture: mingle at entertaining team catch-ups and inspiring conferences
Ongoing skills development: keep your career on track with structured training programmes
*Flight Centre Travel Group was awarded a Gold “standard of excellence” Achiever Seal in the recent Deloitte best company to work for survey. This seal recognizes the positive sentiment of our employees and rewards our commitment to working towards making our organization a great place to work.
Almost there! To apply there are a few boxes you need to tick
- Are you an SA Citizen?
- Do you have a Matric Certificate?
- Have you completed a Tertiary Qualification? (Diploma etc)
- Do you have 4 years work experience?
If you have said YES to all of these and believe you have what it takes apply now!